The KMyMoney development team is proud to present version 5.0.4 of its open source Personal Finance Manager.
It took us a while, and now it is ready: KMyMoney 5.0.4 comes with updated documentation. As usual, problems have been reported by our users and the development team worked hard to fix them in the meantime. Besides that, one or the other long standing bug has been fixed. The result of this effort is the brand new KMyMoney 5.0.4 release.
Despite even more testing we understand that some bugs may have slipped past our best efforts. If you find one of them, please forgive us, and be sure to report it, either to the mailing list or on bugs.kde.org.
From here, we will continue to fix reported bugs, and working to add many requested additions and enhancements, as well as further improving performance.
Please feel free to visit our overview page of the CI builds at https://kmymoney.org/build.php and maybe try out the lastest and greatest by using a daily crafted AppImage version build from the stable branch.
One fix needs special mentioning: 406608 which deals with customized budget reports. KMyMoney supports two types of budget reports. One only containing the budget information and the other, more detailed report, providing also information about the actual situation. In the past this bug caused all customized budget reports to contain the detailed version after loading the file from disk. In case you encounter this scenario and want to see only the budget values in your customized report, please delete the customized report and re-create from the base report to fix the problem.
Here is the list of the bugs which have been fixed. A list of all changes between v5.0.3 and v5.0.4 can be found in the ChangeLog.
- 368159 Report Transactions by Payee omits transactions lacking category
- 390681 OFX import and unrecognized <FITID> tag
- 392305 Not all Asset accounts are shown during OFX import
- 396225 When importing a ofx/qif file, it does not show me all my accounts
- 396978 Stable xml file output
- 400761 Cannot open files on MacOS
- 401397 kmymoney changes group permissions
- 403745 in import dialog, newly-created account doesn’t appear in pulldown menu
- 403825 Transaction validity filter is reset when re-opening configuration
- 403826 Transactions without category assignment are not shown in report
- 403885 Buying / selling investments interest / fees round to 2 decimal places even when currency is to 6 decimal places
- 403886 No way to set/change investment start date in investment wizard
- 403955 After an action, the cursor returns to top of page and does not remain in a similar position to when action was started
- 404156 Can’t select many columns as memo
- 404848 Crash on “Enter Next Transcation”
- 405061 No chart printing support
- 405329 CPU loop reconciling if all transactions are cleared
- 405817 CSV importer trailing lines are treated as absolute lines
- 405828 Budget problems
- 405928 Loss of inserted data in transaction planner
- 406073 Change of forecast method is not reflected in forecast view
- 406074 Unused setting “Forecast (history)” for home view
- 406220 Crash when deleting more than 5000 transactions at once
- 406509 “Find Transaction…” dialog focus is on “Help” button instead of “Find”
- 406525 Subtotals are not correctly aggregated when (sub-)categories have the same name
- 406537 Encrypted file cannot be saved as unencrypted
- 406608 Custom report based on Annual Budget incorrectly getting Actuals
- 406714 Home view shows budget header twice